Sunday, April 12, 2009

I DID IT!!! I DID IT!!!

I made it 46 days without watching television! That's a month and a half!!! It was soooo incredibly worth it! At this point I really have no desire to start watching television and I'm not afraid of slipping back into old habits. The benefits have been so rewarding that I can't wait to see what else will come to fruition from not watching television. In the last 46 days instead of watching television I:

  • attended a wedding (congrats again Brenda!)
  • went to the Austin Kite Festival
  • helped friends with film stuff (twice!)
  • went to see musical 'theater' (Warpstar Sexy Squad)
  • offered my first continuing education class for therapists (Smart Marketing for Therapists)
  • attended South by Southwest (watched 15 movies in one week!)
  • visited the Texas Capitol to lobby for Marriage and Family Therapists
  • read the book Social Intelligence for book club
  • doubled my therapy practice
  • attended a "How To" for making a documentary film
  • started getting things in order to make a documentary film
  • auditioned for ComedySportz (my first audition EVER!)
  • made the ComedySportz troupe and had my first rehearsal
  • joined an "Alternative Softball League" with Ben (for local businesses)
  • saw Adventureland and hung out with Martin Starr and his brother Paul
  • took PugPuggy to the Annual Pug Luau
  • saw Bruce Springsteen live in concert
  • started working with a personal trainer
  • hung out with friends on multiple occasions (duh!)
  • saw the Master Pancake Theater show of Lord of the Rings
  • and much much more...
Hot damn! If I can do all that in 46 days without television there's no telling what I'll keep accomplishing with little or no TV from here on out!

No comments: