Wednesday, February 25, 2009

TV Detox Begins!

BEFORE



AFTER

Today is the day that I will stop watching television for 40 days. I have to say I'm actually quite excited about it. I thought I'd have the shakes and not know what to do with myself, but I'm doing alright (so far). I've got a busy couple of days so that's good.

I've included pictures of my living/TV room as it typically looks when I veg-out and watch TV. My spot is on the couch. I like to lounge and cuddle up with a comforter. If you actually took a picture of me in the act of watching television there would also be some beverages (most likely non-alcoholic, water and tea are my favorites) and food on the ottoman. Ben's spot is in the rocking chair (yes, that overstuffed chair has rocker feet on it, it's awesome). That's his laptop. I usually can't watch TV and surf the web at the same time. I actually try to spend as little time as possible on my computer (who'da thought with all the blogs I'm attempting). The second picture is of the living/TV room straightened-up and the TV cabinet closed. At least I won't have to look at the television and listen to it call my name... Megan... Megan... you know you want to... just once... not one has to know... I won't tell anyone... you can trust me...

The "O.C" dvd update: I did receive the final dvd of the second season of The O.C. yesterday. I was so excited you would have thought I'd just won a weekend of massages and mud wraps at Lake Austin Spa Resort. I popped it in immediately and started humming along to the opening credits theme song: "Doooo do do do do, Doooo do do do do..... California here I come, California here I come...". And then I realized it was the bonus dvd! Man that sucked! I exhaled defeatedly and my body slumped over in grief. Attention Filmmakers/TV producers: Do not do this to your fans! They will be terribly disappointed! But I figured "What the heck... I might as well watch it anyway." So I pushed play and settled in on the couch. It wasn't too bad. I don't normally watch the bonus features on dvds (Ben's loves them and learns a lot about filmmaking this way). It was mainly blooper reals and the cast talking about the show. It was endearing. Once I was finished with the bonus dvd it dawned on me that this meant I had already finished the entire second season. This revelation brought me contentment knowing that when my 40 days are up I can start fresh with the third season. Phew! Crisis avoided.

2 comments:

Jodi Egerton said...

come play with us! i know it's a hike, but we're always up for play.

love! jodi

Ben said...

The living room looks so much better with no TV and no laptops. But it is missing one thing: a pug laying on her bed in the sunshine.