Sunday, February 22, 2009

Two More Days of Freedom

I am currently hooked on watching The O.C. We get the dvds through Netflix and I usually go through 8-12 episodes per week. Having Netflix has been an interesting phenomenon for me. There is a whole strategy behind planning your dvd watching around getting the dvd in the mail so you can get the next dvd in a timely fashion. For someone with a history of anxiety, this doesn't help!

After deciding to go 40 days without watching television I realized that I was only a few dvds short of finishing the entire second season of The O.C. Needless to say I've been furiously watching as many episodes as possible. However, there is one more dvd left in the second season that I haven't received yet. As I realized this yesterday I began to panic a little (deep breaths, deeeep breaths). Ben was furiously trying to figure out which post office we could return the dvd to so that he could get the next one by Tuesday. Yes, you heard me right. Ben is a huge enabler to my TV watching. Thanks Ben! Love you!

The most exciting part of this weekend is the fact that the Academy Awards are today - Sunday! Thank God they are this weekend and not next! For the last few years Ben and I have made a point to watch the Oscars. We imagine ourselves walking the red carpet, being interviewed and asked who we're wearing, and sitting in the audience waiting for Ben's name to be called. One day Ben, one day...

Go Slumdog!

No comments: