Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SXSW Saves The Day!

I've been without television for 28 days now, can you believe it? Only two more weeks (and 3 days) to go... HOORAY!

SXSW Film Festival was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I am so proud to live in Austin! I am just now getting over that overstimulated, tingling sensation that happens when all your senses have been engaged for waaayyy too long.

Here are the movies I saw (in no particular order):
  • I love you, Man
  • ExTerminators
  • Sissyboy
  • The Last Beekeeper
  • Wake Up
  • Sin Nombre
  • Artois the Goat
  • The 2 Bobs
  • Observe and Report
  • Humpday
  • Sons of a Gun
  • My Suicide
  • The Eyes of Me
  • Winnebego Man
  • 500 Days of Summer
FAVORITES (by category)...

  • Music: Artois the Goat - Brian Satterwhite is a genius!
  • Violence (not a big fan but was essential to the movie): (tie) Sin Nombre & Observe and Report
  • About Ghosts: Wake Up
  • About Non-Drag, Drag Queens: Sissyboy
  • Cried the Hardest/Most Moving: The Eyes of Me
  • Laughed the Hardest: Winnebego Man
  • Best Overall Film Production: My Suicide
  • Best Actor: Gabriel Sunday in My Suicide
  • Cutest Actor: Mark Duplass in Humpday
  • Favorite Overall Movie: 500 Days of Summer (it was the last one I saw of the week so I may just remember it the best)
If you get a chance to see any of these, I highly recommend them!

MBB, over and out -

1 comment:

Ben said...

I am still recovering from laughing so hard at Observe and Report. Dark, very dark.