Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend #2 Without Television

What a wonderful weekend I've had. It has been full of fun and adventure. Friday night my friend Brad came over and brought his Boston Terrier, Haley, for PugPuggy to play with. It was hilarious. They chased each other non-stop for two hours straight!

Saturday I laid low and did some reading. I'm currently trying to finish Social Intelligence by Daniel Goleman (same guy who wrote Emotional Intelligence). It's a great book about how humans interact. It is my book club's read for this month so I need to finish it by March 18th.

Saturday night we went to Cinematic Titanic which is the spin off of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (or MST3K for die-hard fans!). This is the show that Master Pancake Theater (the show Ben does at the Alamo Drafthouse) is similar to. It was super-cool to see the MST3K cast perform! Mary Jo Pehl is a friend of Ben's (and the Pancake boys) so she and her husband Ron came out for a drink with us after the show. What a fun night! (To find out how much fun you might want to check out Ben's blog. I won't say anything else about it.)

Sunday was another lazy day. Ben and I took PugPuggy to the dog park where she can run free and chase the big dogs as they chase after the tennis balls their owners throw them.

With all this said, relaying back what I'm doing to keep busy so I'm not tempted to watch TV was not the original intention of this blog. Instead I had hoped to reflect on my reasonings for watching so much TV in the first place and the emotional toil of being without it for 40 days. So with this said I plan to be more observant of the emotional effects of not watching television from here on out and record my findings on this blog.

If you liked the play-by-play of how I was spending my time you can catch those reports on www.bartbarley.blogspot.com along with pictures of the events listed in this blog. We'll see how this goes... I'm not judging the process, just putting some parameters around it... Hope you enjoy...

No comments: